Property Damage Liability Claims Specialist/Car Wash ClaimsLOCATION: Raleigh, NC
JOB TYPE: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Risk Management
OPENING DATE: 2017/09/14
CLOSING DATE: 1970/01/01
JOB TITLE: Property Damage Liability Claims Specialist/Car Wash Claims
COMPANY: Circle K Stores Inc.
DEPARTMENT: Risk Management
LOCATION: Raleigh, NC
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
NOTICE NUMBER: PD-PIE914
OPENING DATE: 09/14/2017
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
This position involves conducting thorough investigations of entry level car wash and contaminated fuel property damage claims, determining liability, evaluating and negotiating settlement with customers, and pursuing subrogation on first party property claims. The position requires excellent organizational, time management, verbal and written communication skills. Candidates must be well organized and be able to work independently at a fast pace. Candidates must be able to effectively and successfully manage multiple concurrent demands and have the ability to efficiently use Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel. Candidates must be dependable and work well with others. Candidates must be quick learners and be willing to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Conduct office/telephonic investigations on cases assigned by management.
· Confirm coverage/store location, determine liability.
· Establish related physical damages.
· Negotiate settlements.
· Processes the collection of Subrogation claims by recovery of monies, write offs, and court restitutions.
· Provide information to management by collecting and analyzing data; prepares reports by collecting, formatting, analyzing and summarizing information for Property Damage Liability and Subrogation claims.
· Ensure compliance with requirements, policies and regulations by enforcing adherence to corporate systems, policies and procedures; advises management on needed actions.
· Comply with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying and reviewing existing and new laws; auditing and enforcing adherence to requirements; rendering opinions; advising management on as-needed actions.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reading professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Telephone and electronic communications are a major part of the position activity, and may include direct communication with management, store personnel, claimants, witnesses, repair facilities, contractors, police and fire departments, state and county fraud personnel, special investigators, attorneys, members of the medical profession, and all other people incident to the investigation and processing of claims.
· Bachelor’s degree in risk management or related field is preferred.
· Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
· Successful demonstrated work experience in insurance claims is required.
· Must be computer literate in MS Access, Excel and Word.
Job duties may change with or without advance notice.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE COMPLETE THE ATTACHED INTERNAL POSTING FORM AND SEND RESUME WITH JOB POSTING NOTICE NUMBER TO: